Friday, April 3, 2015

Two Days Before

It's not all candy and bunnies.

This sharpie art is by a childhood friend from the coal mining fields of southern WV. She's an amazing artist, sharing her amazing gift through an independent business venture and teaching design to students at the University of Charleston. Shawna Kinder-Sigmon, was a sincere light in my world from 86-88. She accepted me and encouraged me to do all things good in life. She has held and still holds a very special place in my heart. I was so very happy when I reconnected with her on Facebook, around the time of the huge coal mining incident a few years ago. She created this piece of work in '92. A few years ago I noticed a Facebook post of hers in which she shared about this piece of work. I was so very touched and I told her. A year or so passed and I received a special package in the mail -- my very own copy! It took me a while to find the perfect frame but when I did, I hung it at the bottom of the stairs, to always remind me what each and every day is about.