Wednesday, April 1, 2015

"Ankle Fools'!!!!"

Zane has been hard at it this morning with his jokes. Some of the jokes make sense but not all. The first thing we had to tell him was that it's not "Ankle Fools'". (Perhaps because Vanessa started out with shoes and socks jokes.)

A couple of weeks ago Zane called for me to come upstairs so he could should show me something. He wasn't fooling. As I climbed the stairs, I was preparing to be present and be sure to fully appreciate whatever it was that he was very excited to share with me. I turned the corner of his room to find he had drawn all over and around his light switch. I wish he was fooling. He could tell from my immediate gasp that his choice for sharing his artistic talent was not an okay direction. As a result, he looked defeated.  I explained to him that we don't draw on the walls, floors, doors, ceilings, furniture, clothes, linens, etc. He replied, "But Mom, it's my room!" I went on to explain that although we call it Zane's room, it is sort of on loan to him and when something is on loan to us, it is extra important that we try to take special care.

He was willing and awesome with helping to clean off his masterpiece.