Monday, May 14, 2012

One Mother's Day

I'm so very fortunate to get gentle reminders that I'm appreciated. A recent reminder occurred a couple of weeks ago. The story begins with receiving a Willow Tree figurine in sympathy for the loss of my father. Since then I've been drawn to them. Adam understood that I wanted one for representing each of my children. Months ago, when I received one for Zane, Vanessa said it was my trophy.  Then, a few weeks ago, Vanessa used her fun creature making kit she received for Christmas to make a special trophy. She brought it to me and explained that it was a trophy she wanted to give me. "A trophy for you, Momma!" Vanessa loves that I keep my trophy on the mantel. Zane talks about it too.
Extra grateful for all that I have and all that I receive.
Zane and Vanessa are my extra sunshine every day of the week.