Friday, September 4, 2015

Tying the Knot

I now think We were kids. I remember worrying about being up in front of everyone. I remember the love, friendships, family and support. I remember being confident in the step -- no doubts whatsoever. I remember having fun. I remember how tight he held me. (Seriously, at one point I thought he might break my neck. I'll always carry that as a fond memory, though.) I remember the beginning of boundless love. We've only grown together, never apart. How firm thy friendship . . .

"Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without." ~ James Dobson

How do you celebrate 16 years married and 14 weeks pregnant? With smoked meat, of course! Doesn't get more American than that! 

And an interesting thought occurred to me earlier -- I was 16 when I started dating Adam 22 years ago. And I was 22 when I married him 16 years ago.