Friday, September 11, 2015

SiDS

SiDS = Sleeping in Dangerous Situations

We've held onto our gates for whatever reason. And although recently I didn't anticipate putting one back up at the top of the stairs until the next one poses a risk, we need to put it back up NOW.We have found Zane asleep at the top of the stairs probably three times recently. We don't hear him, which is much different than what we've been used to -- whimpering at the top of the stairs for us to either come up to bed so he can climb into ours, or for us to ask him to come down and sleep on the couch while we wrap up our evening.

Adam went up to bed before me last night and texted me the above picture. When I went up before Adam a week or so ago, I texted him the picture below. 

I think Zane just wants to hear us and know where we're at. He can't hear us very well in his room. I asked him about what he's thinking and explained to him that it's dangerous. He said he waits there for us. And he said "Why don't you come up when I say softly 'Come on. Come up'?" And, "I don't want Dad to hear me when I'm waiting for you." Dad usually gives him the little lecture about sleeping by himself. However, let me place it in the records that Dad is the one who helped build a solid foundation for these sleeping habits. :-)