Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Attitude

When we got kicked out of the pool one day because of storms far off in the distance, we ran up the road to cool off. It was frustrating because we had a few days in a row in which we had to get out the pool or couldn't get in at all, but it was this very hot day that I was determined to involve water with friends in some form or another. And although to me this was minor and I've spent years learning to just roll with a situation, it was incredibly hard for the kids, after big and very hot days of schooling, and because I think Vanessa felt she was letting her friends down.

It all ended up great and wonderful and everyone was very happy and cooled off, including our friends' junior high sister who hoped she could go with us.

I was reminding Vanessa over and over that there are no promises of this world, sometimes we can't anticipate interferences so we just make the best of it.

"I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition." ~ Martha Washington