Friday, October 10, 2014

Communities



This team worked really well together this last summer at NW Bible's VBS. The Gazelles! They achieved their goals and raised money for missions.
Here are representatives for the Avery's 2nd Grade Student Council Congress. Recently they've been discussing and planning school projects and ways to celebrate spirit week.
And another of our newest communities -- Girl Scout Brownie Troop 291 -- enjoying the Farmer's Market.
 Vanessa made a nut-free trail mix to share with Troop 291.
Troop 291 also created a mural for celebrating Juliette Gordon Low's birthday. They have been learning the Girl Scout ways and planning for upcoming service projects.

It brings great pleasure watching Vanessa work well with her peers and find ways to serve others.

She became upset with me a couple of weeks ago when I left her behind to help with Katelyn's Krusade. She told me I have to take her with me next time. What was I thinking?!

I'm proud both she and Zane will be helping with Operation Christmas Child at Guide in the coming weeks.

Update: Vanessa asked that I share a picture of her and classmates helping JiJi the penguin move through ST Math. This was from 10.9.14.

Additional note: Vanessa said they Skyped with her principal today. Mrs. Groves has been out on maternity leave, and although the interim principal is awesome, they miss Mrs. Groves immensely. Vanessa went on to say they were quite frustrated though, because the WiFi was acting up and they had to try an reconnect with Mrs. Groves FOUR TIMES! :-)