Wednesday, January 8, 2020

December 2019 Upload Prt. 1

Forgive me for falling behind! I keep saying this blog has only been meant to capture my kids' early childhood, and as they get older and more independent, they will help dictate and what to share, but honestly I don't know anymore . . . :-) We enjoy going back to explore posts over the last 11+ years. :-) Crazy to think. I was sort of ready to leave the last decade behind, but when I started reflecting on it more intently I realized it holds so much value as the most impactful decade ever for me, so I will never leave it behind, and instead, I will always hold it extra extra close.

We crammed a lot in between Thanksgiving and the New Year. We had to be creative in our approaches to accomplish all we hoped for. We went shopping for our Christmas tree just before Vanessa's regional robotics competition. While we were at the competition, the boys put the lights on the tree and that evening we decorated it. 
 Don't forget you thought you were hanging "poop" in our tree, Hendrix! :-)
 Zane can't believe I still have ornaments from students I had in school. Sometimes, from the related questions they ask, I think they are trying to process that I shared myself with tons of other kids before having my own.
Playing the french horn ornaments. :-) This "tradition" never gets old.
 We realized that it has been many years since Vanessa has placed the tree topper on. In fact the kids argued over whose turn it should be, and although Zane was trying to convince us that Vanessa did it last year, we pulled up old blog posts to discover that Zane's done it multiple years in a row. :-)
I think next year is Hendrix's turn to place the tree topper on . . . hoping we remember. . .  :-)