Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Worrier Warrior

Man, this guy. Zane and I've been known to have similar dreams at the same exact time and he often reads my mind. Sometimes it's freaky crazy but I think ultimately it supports just how connected we are. 

Last week I pinched a nerve in my neck and was having a hard time getting around. The first day was the roughest but we didn't let it hold us back from plans we had already made. Zane is a known worrier. I found out that when driving to the event, Zane was extra quiet because he was worrying about my ability to drive safely. He was imagining the worst what-ifs. 

He woke up the next morning worrying about how I was feeling and if I was going to be okay. Any little improvement made him feel better. I assured him that I would be fine after ibuprofen, ice and rest. I had a regular doctor appointment already scheduled and after Zane got home from school, he shared how he cried a little at school cause he was worrying about me and my neck. He wanted a report of how my appointment went and asked if I discussed my neck with the doctor. I told him the recommendations the doctor made and that if it wasn't better by Monday, I'd check back in with her.

Each day he asked if I was better. Then on Monday, he hopped out of bed and immediately asked if I needed to go in to see my doctor again. I assured him I was so much better but I so appreciate his thoughtfulness and concern.

I feel torn about what should be shared with Zane because he's so emotionally sensitive, but I've come to learn that being upfront and honest seems to work out the best for him. Plus, he's good about making lists and praying for the things he's concerned about. I appreciate his prayers. He's a compassion warrior.