Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Head Bowed and Eyes Closed

I keep meaning to capture a picture of Hendrix praying at dinner, especially when he's sneaking bites to eat with his head bowed and eyes closed and repeating his prayer over and over. He's good about praying for everyone in the family each time, but last night he also included a prayer for the chairs we were sitting in. When I told him that was nice of him, he had to explain why it was important.

Last week when saying bedtime prayers with Hendrix, after each request for each family member, I added "And I pray Mommy can have a successful week painting Zane's and Hendrix's bedroom so they get into their new space . . ."

But I was interrupted by H saying "Space?! What?! I'll have to take a spaceship and go up high to the moon and find the treasure and fly back down to my room . . . want to play that game?!"

Although prayers might seem like a bit of a game to H right now, I love the foundation he's forming for recognizing the importance in the details.