Friday, December 25, 2015

This Year

 The Nativity: Vanessa as a Wise Woman and Zane as Horse in the stable
Christmas Eve
Full Moon on Christmas Day
Molasses cookies for Santa
Daddy reading the Night Before Christmas
Stockings filled
Finally at 6:20, Zane made it down.
Santa ate his cookies and drank his milk.
Reading all the labels while waiting on Daddy.
Daddy didn't wake for the smell of bacon and Mommy was hitting a wall and wanting to go back to bed, so kids were told to go up and give Daddy gentle snuggles to nudge him along.

Vanessa had put a Bible with tabs on her wishlist. Zane scored a new one too.
Are you kidding me?! R2D2 suitcase?! "Just what I wanted in the store!"
"Oh my goodness. A plasma ball!" (Many might guess this wish is a huge step for Vanessa in regards to her hypersensitivities.So proud of her!)
I can't believe I haven't wrecked the van with those ol' crappy manufactured mats that move around! ;-)
The kids made and wrapped paper gifts for Daddy too. Zane made a picture of a chicken and put it in a box for Daddy to open. Chicken in a box! How appropriate!
The aftermath . . .
My biggest gift: Daddy wrapping all the presents, setting them up, and then cleaning up and organizing afterward, especially since Hendrix wants to stretch and kick his legs up under my rib cage. Do babies in utero have restless (reckless) leg syndrome? I'm pretty sure Neal Hendrix does!