Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another Hallmark Holiday?

Apparently Mother's Day does not classify as just another "Hallmark Holiday." Adam has strong opinions and good justifications for which do, though. But on Sunday Adam and Vanessa fashioned the day to be extra special for me. And I was tickled by every kind deed and extra loving word that was shared. They didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary, though -- just their presence gives me a huge smile and a warm fuzzy feeling.

But yes, the ease at which I nudged Adam out of bed early on Sunday was especially nice. Claiming that one or two more hours of sleep was refreshing.

The whisper of "Happy Mother's Day" in my ear at 12:45 AM was very sweet and made me feel extra appreciated.

Adam's encouragement for Vanessa to be considerate of her mommy was kindhearted.

And of course nothing is better than just snuggling with and holding the two things I love most in this world.

It was truly a special day . . .
Now all that is not to say I didn't appreciate Vanessa's plaster of paris handprint, the new and cool garden hose nozzle, the new replacement fabric scissors, the mechanical piping tool and the beautiful New Guinea Impatiens. Pretty neat stuff!