Friday, December 13, 2019

Rigidly Creative

 Technology can be so cool. My children learn so much from the technology in their lives. It's quite different from when I was a kid and I had to search and hunt for books that interested me, often losing interest in various topics because I couldn't get to the library in the moment. But my kids have an idea and they can quickly look up related information.

If I hold too strictly to specific time slots and exact minutes they can be on an electronic device, then I risk losing their curiosity or interest on certain particulars, so we try to operate with flexibility. However, we still aim to control our balance of time on electronic devices with reasonable decisions in the moment and with other priorities that have to be considered.

Out of the blue a couple of Saturdays ago, when we didn't have any obligations and could remain at home to play catch up on things here, Vanessa was feeling creative and wanted to practice making fake wounds and injuries with ingredients she could find in the kitchen and in her own room.