Monday, June 17, 2019

Hendrix Gab and Finding Connections

Hendrix has been given the gift of gab. His stories go on and on and are often fast paced which sometimes makes it hard to catch all he's saying, especially when his smile is so out of control that he's just smiling and talking a hundred miles an hour. 

Interestingly we happened to run into an old friend in the most random spot last week. She was so out of place (not in Florida like she's supposed to be) that I was so confused and wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me. I was secretly pregnant with Hendrix last time we saw her. Even so, you would think Hendrix has known her forever. He gabbed and gabbed and gabbed that I suggested if she was tired of trying to understand and keep up, it was okay for her to disengage. :-) 

Around the same time Hendrix painted the following picture and ran over to me to tell me all about it. Here's a basic documentation of the story, although I couldn't type fast enough and didn't get it all.

"See spaceship. 3, 2, 1, blastoff and it goes way up, up and high in sky, goes in tree...breaks and falls and Pato comes out. Push red button and blocks make house. Tell him bye bye, Pato. And a big big snake...sssss...now make him blue and give him black...and a BIG snake...AWWWWwwww...watch out Pato!"

Hendrix "wrote" the below after church on Sunday. While he was writing I suggested he practice writing his name. It's rotated one way and then he rotated it the other way. This way he said "It's Hank and here Hendrix. Me Hendrix." I see both! Do you? [Hint: In this orientation, "Hank" is right side up at top, and "Hendrix" is upside down.] :-)

And when we went to visit his Pappaw's grave, we pulled in and he looked around and asked "Oh. Roblox. We play Roblox?" Not sure what Roblox game reminds him of a cemetery and rows of headstones, but he often calls Minecraft Roblox too, and anything that has blocked letter and lots of pixel art. He loves to build in Minescraft and has created some very impressive structures.

I also loved that even though I missed taking a picture yesterday, he chose a dress up shirt for church and said it is blue like Daddy's. When I repeated it back to him, while I buttoned him, he said "No. This is Hendrix's shirt, not Daddy's."