Friday, January 25, 2019

Zanester

It's amazing to me how God uses my kids to share messages and prompt thoughts and prayers. I'm not sure if it gets any clearer than when He uses them to speak to me. The other day, January 22, on the way to school, when were waiting in line to drop him off, Zane asked me about family relationships such as siblings and parents and how DNA and blood are shared between them, and somehow he got to talking about even John Titus has the same blood as him.

Zane went through a list of connections, and from there we went on to how my dad (whose birthday is just a few days away) gets to hold John Titus and his own son Terry James, and how thrilled he must be to have them with him, and so many others he loved dearly. Zane talked about his relatives and those who left impressions: "Even Ryan might be hanging out with your dad and holding John Titus . . ." I chuckled and agreed and thought You know, my dad and Ryan could hang out a little . . . especially as neighbors . . . :-)

This is the investment we're making by transporting our kids to school. I get to listen and talk with them so much during this time, some intentionally and sometimes just random thoughts to ponder and meditate on. And although there are many mornings I wish I could stay in bed, despise going out in the cold, and can't stomach making breakfasts and lunches, I realize that in the big picture I score times like these, you know, the extra big bonuses to parenthood. I'm so blessed.