Thursday, January 31, 2019

Chillin at COSI

What a blast we had. COSI was empty a week or so ago, and Hendrix enjoyed every moment of his visiting, even cooperating when time to leave, although he had to fight the urge to complain. I was proud of him.
 He was in pipe heaven! This boy is fascinated with pipes, tubes, wires, and many things that connect.
He enjoyed the Ocean but was extra excited to get to Space. He loves the movie Space Chimps, so he knows a lot about space, for an almost 3-year-old anyhow.
He knows so much that when we first went on the capsule and I reached to push the button, Hendrix jumped up and ran off saying, "I don't want go moon. No moon. Stay here on Earth." (The character in the movie accidentally launches himself into space by pushing one button.)
He went down the stairs and studied the underneath. He climbed back up the stairs and studied the entire outside of it. I pointed out that it's just pretend and I promise we won't leave Earth and go to the moon. He believed me.
 He enjoyed landing and moving rovers on the moon, though.
We could have launched the bottle 30 more times, if I hadn't insisted that we move on.
It was a wonderful day of just watching and playing along.