Friday, November 18, 2016

Napping Chair

Yesterday was a great napping day for Hendrix. I hammered out 3 hours of work early in the day, so that meant my brain was completely present for Vanessa and Zane in the evening and it meant I could crash out whenever I wanted.

The day before was not as ideal, although the picture below might lead one to believe it was. The scene below lasted long enough for me to eat my lunch and begin a new lesson when Hendrix woke back up and insisted I cuddle him. I won't complain because flexibility is key to contentment.

I'm very blessed to be able to do some work from home that meets the parameters I have set. I get to eat leftovers, prop my feet up and have the TV on in the background. I don't have to shower and I can wear yoga pants all day and every day.

Sadly my son believes this chair his bed. In the evening he crawls to it when he's ready to sleep. I take him upstairs and try to put him in bed but he wakes up and appears more alert than ever when I try to leave him there. Some babies are attached to a binky. Some are attached to a blankie. Hendrix is attached to this chair. (Except between 12:30-1AM, when he wakes up and doesn't settle until we move upstairs.)