Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Springing Up

Hendrix had his 2 month appointment this last week. He weighed in at 13 pounds and 1 ounce -- gaining just over 2 pounds since his 1 month appointment. He got shots too. His legs and arms were hard to restrain as the nurse jabbed his thighs. The doc was impressed by his strength and signs that he might give 6 hour stretches of sleep consistently sooner than later, only I need to be willing to get in bed by about 9 to ensure I'm taking full advantage. I might need to roll with it! 

He happened to roll from his back to his belly on his 2-month birthday, in the wee hours of the morning. Haven't seen it again nor have I seen him try again, but I do see him pulling up like he's trying to sit up. He still loves to stand a ton. His temper is hot but he can be as sweet as can be. His temperament and internal clock are very similar to Vanessa's. Although I feel we're beginning to move away from the witching hour every single night, he still gets so exhausted he enters meltdown mode. I think this somehow relates to him being a happy spitter -- his moving and thrusting all the time, forcing the stuff back out. Sometimes he just works himself up so much, he pukes. 

He still loves staring at the windows and fireplace in the great room. He loves the outdoors and sunshine. Cloudy and rainy days seem to make him a little grumpy. He gets carried around in the carrier a ton, much like Zane. 

I'm still figuring out things I need to avoid eating to keep his tummy and bowels okay. I screw up every now and again. Heavy garlic is still a trigger. Milk is too and I have determined for sure that eggs are too. I can eat peanut butter every day and he seems to be fine. Guess he'll be my peanut butter baby.


In summary, he's thriving and jiving. He's a joy and blessing, even when he pukes all over us. Thank God for hardwood floors. :-)