Monday, October 12, 2015

More Deep Thoughts by Zane

On our way to a birthday party the other night, while Vanessa had her headphones on and was in her own little world, out of the blue Zane and I had this strange conversation.
Zane: "Mom I wish I was a tree."
Mom: "A tree?"
Zane: "So I could be really big and strong and never move."
Mom: "But there is only one of you and I need you as Zane, not a tree."
Zane: "You can always get another little boy."
Mom: "No little boy can replace MY Zane. God made you perfect as you are. I'm thankful He gave me you. Tell me why you think being a tree instead of a little boy would be better."
Zane: "Because Vanessa could climb on me whenever she wanted."
Mom: "That is very sweet and so you but I'm pretty sure Vanessa wants you as her brother and not a tree. God gave us lots of trees and we even have plenty in our yard for YOU and her to climb."

When we came home later that night. there was a cat in our front flower bed. Zane didn't like the idea that the cat was just there. He worried a tad about how often this happens, if the cat would come back, and how many cats tend to visit when we're in bed or away. As we were walking to the front door to go into the house, Zane said "I don't understand why the scarecrow didn't scare the cat away. . . "