Wednesday, August 20, 2014

No Horseplay

We moved on after our picnic in a cabin shelter. I distinctly remember the last time we visited the Rock House commenting to Adam that I couldn't imagine taking kids there -- just the constant nagging fear of them falling off the cliff bothered me, before I even knew my children. Of course the feeling was valid but my stance has changed. The kids have made it to a point where we felt we could handle it. 

Zane showed hints of copping out but  he hung in there on our trek back, racing Daddy and Vanessa to the top. He was a trooper, relatively speaking. And yes, we had to constantly remind them of no horseplay. The signs here and at Cantwell Cliffs shout DANGER: CLIFFS -- CONTROL YOUR CHILDREN! :-) Nothing like adding to the related anxiety! :-)

On our arrival we heard singing resonating to the top of the hill. As we ventured down the path, we ran into a couple we seemed to be following from one destination to the next. They shared about their adventure and that Mennonite ladies were singing hymns in the Rock House. I got excited and hoped they were still singing by the time we got down there. But as we walked up to the Rock House, they were coming out. However, their exiting allowed us more room to play in the Rock House, to test our limits.