Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Librarian

Spring Break includes more make-believe games with most of us. Another favorite this time is library. Zane made a great assistant and was able to scan and bag my books for me.  What I loved about this activity was that without much direction, Vanessa and Zane cataloged the books in very creative ways.

We played several rounds where I told the librarian what I was interested in. First I told her I was interested in books that included pigs. She brought me four pretty quickly and hunted for more. She explained with the Noah's Ark book that the pig isn't mentioned in the text but we know there was a pig on Noah's Ark, so I should still read it if I like reading about pigs. :-) She also searched for non-fiction, historical fiction, poetry, science, books with mommies, etc.

Then Brok came and destroyed the library and while he rested, Zane ended up searching more books for pigs.