Monday, March 17, 2014

Irish Fairy

This year St. Patty's Day couldn't get here fast enough. Vanessa has been intrigued by leprechauns. She's thrown together multiple leprechaun outfits. She made leprechaun glasses and headdresses. I'm not sure if it's the pot of gold that leprechauns so lustfully protect or if it's all about the greens they wear.

We have been reading about the history of St. Patrick and I told her I would share interesting leprechaun facts with her Monday evening. She may be disappointed to learn just how ugly leprechauns act in Irish folklore. She explained to me how a rainbow is just an illusion (and reminded me that rainbows are a reminder of God's promise), so maybe she won't be as disappointed as one may expect.

A moment of warmth allowed us to trim hair on the front porch, so birds can use the trimmings for their nests, of course. Those birds are pretty lucky to get hints of gold in their soft Irish-looking bedding.