Monday, September 9, 2013

The Negotiators

Zane begged for polish. So we settled on silver for his toes. 
 Zane: Oh . . . quick! Blow.
Mommy: Don't move until they're dry.
Zane: Quick! Help me put on socks. *********************************************

Vanessa: Oh . . . I'm full. May I be excused?
Mommy: Yep.
Vanessa: Can I have an icee?
Mommy: No. You need to finish your dinner before we can consider a treat.
Vanessa: Well see. My belly has two lines.
Mommy: You mean sections?
Vanessa: Yes, sections. This section is for regular food. The regular food section is full. This other section is for candy. And it's empty. So I can have an icee since my candy section is empty.

Daddy set her straight. And yes -- she finished her dinner. Later, before bed, she sectioned off her abdomen again. She assigned sections for tomorrow's eating. :-) We'll see how it goes.