Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nuptials

Fourteen years ago we signed a paper, agreeing we would love and support each other through thick and thin. We didn't take this lightly -- leading up to the event we went through six counseling sessions with one pastor and one or two more sessions with another. When we focus on the core of our relationship, it all seems pretty simple for why we chose to be together and why we remain.

We often heard it's all about give and take. So by the worldly definition it seems the deal should always be 50/50. I have to disagree, unless it is meant 50/50 in the end, but even then, Adam may be 60 and I may be 40. But really, who's counting? Often times, and I'm sure Adam would agree, the giving seems to be much more than the taking. This must be why our hearts are content. And I believe giving is easier than taking.

My love for Adam is 100% through the highs and lows.  I'm extremely grateful he offers 100% through my lows. But hey, no need for over analyzing this -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Happy Anniversary to us!