Monday, July 22, 2013

Jibba Jabba

In the last year or so (since figuring out his sister runs nonstop, and accepting he might as well join her rather than wait for a turn), Zane has demonstrated his potential gift of jibba jabba more and more. Below is a list of recent common phrases I've noted that he expresses with his own style.
"Oh . . . alright."
"Nothing."
"Nope. I don't want to."
"Thank you."
"Please."
"Back up."
"You're welcome."
"I need to pee!"
"What are you doing?"
"Sorry."
"Mommy, watch me!"
"I roller skate."
"Next!"
"Let me in!"
"Um . . . um . . . [repeats recent comments others made]"
"I go asleep."
"Where's Daddy? Is Daddy at work? Daddy come home soon."
"Mommy check on me?"
"Nevermind."
 "I say prayer?"
"Argh!"
"Me turn!"
"Wait."
"Na-na na-na boo boo"
"Are you okay?"
"Oh . . . cool."

He likes to tell jokes too, and recently he's ventured to new punchlines, rather than making everything revolve around the word blue. He's even playing I Spy with more options than just blue. It's fun to watch his interest and gregarious nature develop.

Zane: "Knock. Knock."
Mommy: "Who's there?"
Zane: "Black
Mommy: "Black who?"
Zane: "Black and purple apple juice."

You can catch Zane singing:
Rock-a-bye Baby
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
ABCs (Super Why style)
We Won't Be Quiet
If All the Raindrops