Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Head in the Clouds

Sometimes with the busyness of life and all there is to juggle, it helps to put our heads in the clouds. I often try to create structure to the day because it seems to help Vanessa in the long run, but some days she is determined to send my head to the clouds . . . and I love it . . .

Yesterday as I was doing some work, she climbed into my lap and asked to see some Laurie Berkner videos on YouTube. I thought it was a great idea and time for a break, so we clicked on our shortcut link to a collection. Vanessa wanted to listen to This Hat, one of our favorites, and as it began she asked that I sing. I sang a few lines when she wrapped her arms around me and said "I like when Mommy sings. I love you." My heart melted and I decided to stay in the clouds as long as I could . . .
And it just so happened that we also played in shaving cream yesterday, to keep with the cloud theme outside and when learning inside . . . and because it's messy and fun!


Eventually Vanessa smeared her clouds up and down her arms. She even put some on her knees as knee pads and then ice skated across the floor, which is quite entertaining to watch -- she swizzles and then in a graceful manner moves to one foot while moving and holding her other leg behind and up in the air.