Friday, June 5, 2009

Art 101

A few weeks ago Vanessa drew her first really sensible-like drawing. She concentrated really hard to control the pen. It would be hard for me to believe she set out to create something in particular, but when I asked her what the drawing was, she said mommy. I told her that I was convinced it was a dinosaur. :)



And Grandpa created a four-sided figure for Vanessa to color in. Not that any of us expect her to stay within the lines, but she likes to use her remarkable fine motor skills to try, and Grandpa knew that.

Also a few weeks ago, Vanessa found a post-it note on the floor. I had my back to her, ducked down in a cabinet fetching some drawing paper when I turned around to see Vanessa trying to color on this post-it note. It was very interesting to watch . . .