Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Walking

We’ve had lots of people asking about whether or not Vanessa is walking. A few weeks ago she took eight to ten steps for Adam, which was the most she had taken at one time. (This happened a couple days before her birthday.) Since then, and particularly in the last week or so, she’s been walking a bunch. Vanessa likes to move fast, so for a while she would still often crawl so she could get to things quickly. Recently she has been opting to walk most of the time. She even tries to do it fast sometimes, and it’s pretty cute to watch her little legs scurry before crashing into something or to the ground . . . and as long as she doesn't end up hurting herself, of course . . . I can only imagine she’ll be running way too soon.

So anyway, we’ve posted some video I was able to capture a couple days ago. (Getting footage of this has been really hard since she comes “running” as soon as she hears or sees the camera. I think she ended up with an electronic gene from her dad. I did, however, end up with some awesome video of her walking all over the great room yesterday, but the size of the file is much too large for posting. Sorry . . .)

I wish I had video of her from today -- her walking continues to improve each day, but today while I was folding laundry, Vanessa pulled out a fun bib and wanted me to put it on her repeatedly. Several times after putting it on, she would walk in circles around the playroom and just throw her arms up with excitement and a big grin. That bib was way too much fun!