Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Odds of Sleep

Like father, like son is what often comes to mind when I think of Hendrix's sleeping habits. I've heard Grandma share many times how Adam always loved to have his back rubbed. Hendrix must be like Adam based on the imprint on Grandma's memory, cause although I'm sure many kids and Vanessa and Zane love back rubs, Hendrix is set apart from them. He often "demands" I rub his back or tummy or leg when he's trying to settle down to sleep. If he wakes in the night and comes to our bed, he'll insist I rub his back -- "Mom, rub my back, please."

Zane loves closeness when he sleeps. So he and Hendrix are often in the same bed together. I'm thankful they have each other.
Pretty sure my face reveals the exhasution I often feel during bedtime routines. 
Some nights require all of our stuffies, especially if Zane is not there.
And some nights we have just a little more energy to expend before resting our head on a pillow.
He's actually asleep, believe it or not. Before Vanessa got room darkening curtains for her room, she was sleeping with a facemask. Hendrix admired hers so much he begged her to make him one, so she did. He became very attached to it. She made it out of felt and it is actually big, so it covers his nose. Not sure how that is comfortable, but he loves it and has learned to adjust it so it's not as smothering. :-)
Hendrix went through a phase over the summer where he wore a tie to bed.
Some nights require a hat in bed. 
Who doesn't enjoy shadow puppets?!
And some nights require a little more work before calling it a night.