Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Prospects

The kiddos. They give such amazing perspective, and just when you think they might be missing the point of something.

Vanessa recently shared that she presented a writing in class that had to do with 3 granted wishes. In short, she explained the following list: 1) A cure Batten Disease; 2) Every child receives a Christmas gift; 3) To have world peace

Zane recently came home and exclaimed to Vanessa "Some of my friends at school have real life elves! The elves watch them! For real! I'm serious!" Vanessa explained that we don't need an elf because they wreak havoc. Zane just went into deep thinking from that point. Vanessa wandered off. Then Zane said, with a sad voice and kind of just to himself "I hope Santa brings me a present this year. I haven't been good. I hope he doesn't bring me poop . . ." :-/ Zane said this with all seriousness.

He grew concerned when we moved the great room around to make a spot for the tree to be out of Hendrix's reach. Adam moved the loveseat to in front of the fireplace. Zane asked how Santa was supposed to get in. (The answer is "by using his magic") It's easy for us to forget that Zane still innocently believes that the jolly elf will be bringing him something for Christmas . . .