Thursday, January 21, 2016

First Snow(s)

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas Vanessa and Zane started talking about their hope for snow. They didn't think it would ever happen. Vanessa has taken to spells of making snowflakes to fill the wait. The ones above are from the end of November. She and her girlfriends will spend chunks of time after school leaving a mess of paper cuts and fragments -- at least they are entertained and I can't deny them the opportunities when they get amazing results, better results than I ever achieved. Zane makes good attempts too but loses interest fast.
After the initial snow melted and the sun was shining bright, Zane asked me if winter was over since the sun was shining again. It's been a confusing season.
Anymore, for each winter, one good and fun snow is all I really need. But then again, the incomparable joy each and every snow seems to bring to my children is always a new, fresh and first experience for me.