Monday, November 23, 2009

What word do I use?

Vanessa is not lacking in the attention department. Yet this last weekend she didn't get as much from me as she's used to getting. This morning she wanted to cuddle lots and lots. I eventually had to send some work-related emails, and it would take me just a few minutes to do so. After I explained to Vanessa that I would only be a minute or two, and after her protesting very clearly how she felt about it, she went into the kitchen to figure out a way to get my attention. Within seconds she climbed on top of the kitchen island, pulled out the rather full plastic insert from the Fruity Cheerios box, threw the box on the floor, and then just sat there in the middle of the island as if she was doing no wrong. I knew she wasn't hungry by the amount of food she had eaten to that point, and the fact she continued to waste Cheerios moments before just to get more milk in her bowl to drink. I didn't say a word to her, since she knew she wasn't supposed to be doing what she was doing. I just picked her up and put her back in the playroom while closing the gate. She was mad, we talked about it, and she had a hard time working through it. (She only had to wait 5 minutes before she had me all to herself again. :)

The word that came to mind when walking into the kitchen -- ornery. But she's too soft, sweet and loving to keep that thought long . .. and I was sympathetic to the fact she obviously missed her time with me . . . :)

Speaking of her soft, sweet and loving side . . . Vanessa loves her cousin Celia. While I worked on Saturday, Vanessa got to visit with her. Grandma said Vanessa "shared" her apple juice. She also shared some of Grandma's flowers.

Vanessa doesn't have much hair on the sides of head, but Grandma was able to give them similar ponytails. Cute.