Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cute and Clever Connections

Vanessa makes very interesting connections. Some of you have heard me tell stories over the last couple months about some of the ones documented in this post. So sorry for the repeats but I figured the pictures that support the stories might interest you. And frankly, these are the easier ones to share since others are really abstract and aren't easy to capture with a photo.

So, I think back in June or July, Vanessa pulled the object below out of the dishwasher and held it up and in a surprised voice exclaimed, "Mommy, a dinosaur!" I can see that. Can you?

When playing with round, smiley-face stickers one day, Vanessa put one on her shirt, right over her belly button and announced, "Look, a belly button!" See the green sticker on her shirt?

Some of you know that I collect crosses and there are many throughout our house (I like to be reminded of the gift of salvation everywhere I walk, in case you were wondering. :) The cross below is one that sits on our kitchen window sill. One day Vanessa asked to see it. I handed it to her and we talked about what it is and then she walked off with it. After a minute or two she came back into the kitchen holding the short "bar" in her hands with the long "bar" positioned between her legs while saying "I'm riding a tricycle."

And yesterday after taking a few bites from her graham cracker, Vanessa held it up and said, "Look, a 5!" I can see that too. Can you?